Publisher: Fayette Press
Date Published: 03/30/2018
Are you a busy mom who loves to write, but doesn’t know where to start? This easy-to-read guide by two bestselling, award-winning authors will help you make your writing dreams a reality.
From finding time to write, to showing you how to get your kids involved, Jamie Foley and Angela Castillo (who happen to be busy moms themselves) will give you the resources–and the encouragement–you need.
This book will:
– Help you plan out your writing goals, time management, and financial budget
– Encourage you to enlist aid from the right people–critique partners, editors, cover designers, and more
– Guide you to making the best decision for you regarding independent and traditional publishing
– Give you questions to ask yourself at the end of each chapter to help you move closer to your writing dreams
– Steer you away from common mistakes
Supper should have been started half an hour ago, and a pile of laundry waits for you on the couch (well, it used to–now the kids have flung the clothes across the room in a free-for-all sock fight). Your baby is crying, and your oldest kid is yelling something about a science fair project being due tomorrow.
But what are you thinking about? A roving mercenary princess in your own made up land–the land of Flynn. You’ve dreamed about this land, pretended to live in it yourself. And more than anything, you want to write about it.
Your little girl grabs hold of your leg with sticky fingers. “Mommy, when are we going to have supper? I’m hungry, Mommy!”
If you’re feeling tempted to check your home for a hidden camera, the reason we know these things is because we are there. We have nights like this on a continual basis. Yet between both of us, we have fifteen published books (and three collections). These books help to generate an income to help with grocery money and even, sometimes, the mortgage payment. Writing and Momming can happen! At the same time!
WHAT THIS BOOK WILL DO:
· Help you plan out your writing goals and time management
· Give you tools to do your personal best when it comes to writing
· Steer you away from mistakes we’ve made
· Encourage you to enlist aid from the right people–critique partners, editors, cover designers, and more
· Help you create a time budget, as well as a financial budget, so you don’t go overboard
· Guide you to making the best decision for you regarding independent and traditional publishing
· Give you questions to ask yourself (and hopefully answer!) at the end of each chapter to help you move closer to your writing dreams
WHAT THIS BOOK WON’T DO:
· Teach you how to write a New York Times bestseller (if you find a book that can do this, let us know)
· Tell you to neglect your family in order to write
· Expect you to have a ten-thousand-dollar budget for your first book
· Tell you how to come up with writing ideas. There are countless other writing prompt books available out there. We figure if you picked up this book, you probably have ideas buzzing around in your head already and are looking for a way to let them out.
· Give you a magic formula to make millions of dollars with your books (we don’t believe such a thing exists, but maybe. Of course, unicorns might exist too…)
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Angela Castillo loves living in the small town of Bastrop Texas, and draws much of her writing inspiration from life there. She loves to walk in the woods and shop in the local stores. Castillo studied Practical Theology and Music at Christ for the Nations in Dallas, Texas. She was home-schooled all through high school and is the oldest of 7 kids. Castillo’s greatest joys are her little girl and two boys. Castillo has been published in The First Line, Aardvark’s Ark, Heartwarmers, Thema, and several other publications, and also has works available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle format.
Jamie Foley loves strategy games, home-grown berries, and Texas winters. She’s terrified of plot holes and red wasps.
Her husband is her manly cowboy astronaut muse. They live between Austin, TX and their family cattle ranch, where their hyperactive spawnling and wolfpack can run free.
Anyone who signs up for our newsletter HERE
will get a copy of “50 Websites Every Author Should Know”