Leah Moyes is from Arizona but experienced many parts of the world in thanks to a career in the airlines. Now most of her time, aside from writing, is spent with her family, reading Historical Fiction novels or studying ancient cultures as a student of Archaeology.
She always believed she was born in the wrong time period, but since she doesn’t have access to a time machine she must write and read intriguing stories of the past.
Stay or flee? Life or family? An impossible choice.
It’s Aug 13, 1961, in Berlin Germany. Nationale Volksarmee soldiers roll barbed wire across the war-torn city to create the first Berlin Wall.
Families are separated, livelihoods destroyed, death comes easily as crippling fear paralyzes the occupants on both sides of the wall. Fifteen-year-old Ella is faced with an agonizing decision. Does she risk crossing the wall and possible death to reach her family? Or does she embrace her new life and blossoming love that could be wrenched from her at any moment? West Germany and possible freedom or East Germany and controlled chaos?
Ensnare, the first book in the “Berlin Butterfly” series, is a story of life, love, survival and the struggle of living through the dark early years of the Berlin Wall. Readers will be captivated with Ella’s strength, determination, and vulnerability as she opens her heart amidst a dangerous and terrifying journey.”
Top Ten List:
1. Married to one amazing man, who influences many through teaching and coaching
2. Mom of four, grandma to two, and Mama Moyes to many.
3. I am studying to be an archaeologist, currently working with the top Mesoamerican professors at Arizona State University
3. I Love to travel! This year I went to France, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Italy. Some for Archaeology and some for writing!
4. I have a bucket list with over three hundred items on it. Half were written by friends.
5. I Love the outdoors, especially the mountains and beach (none of which are really in Arizona) but we have lakes and hills that come close 😊
6. I love popcorn!
7. I have driven a race car, bungee jumped, ziplined, cliff jumped and parasailed.
8. Coached the boys High School Varsity Soccer team for 5 years.
9. Will be climbing to Mt Everest Base Camp with my family next March!
10. When I touched the Berlin Wall I cried!